Monday, March 21, 2005

A little of this and that

I've been in an un-crafting mood lately. Other stuff is going on in my life right now and I haven't felt very crafty. But I have managed to do a little knitting and sewing. I finished cat bed #3. No pictures yet because it's not felted yet and looks like a large, floppy hat, not a cat bed. The gray yarn doesn't look too bad but I'm still bummed that I couldn't do the whole thing in blue like I'd planned. I also knit a few rows of a scarf but with Plymouth Eros yarn, which is the yarn that looks like little ladders, you have to watch what you're knitting and this was incompatible with watching the figure skating World Championships on TV.

Last week I also did a little sewing. I made some workout shorts for my husband but the elastic is too stretchy and he says the fabric is a bit too thick for working out. So now the shorts are laying in a heap on my sewing table until I figure out what to do with the elastic waistband. I really don't want to take out all the stitches but I also don't want it to become a wadder. I even put pockets in and they came out nice. I hate wadders. I know sometimes you need to make mistakes in order to learn, but I still don't like wadders.

I did do a little sew-dreaming this weekend. While I sat on the couch watching skating and going through a mountain of old magazines, I thought about making some pillows for the couch. I have the fabric. I have the pillow forms. I thought about putting the two together. That was the extent of it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment