Friday, August 19, 2005

Why it's good to read the instructions first

I'm usually very good about reading instructions. In fact I drive my husband nuts with my insistence on reading and following recipes to a "T." Thankfully I did stop and read the instructions on the Jalie 2562 pattern before I got too far. I discovered that Jalie identifies the right side and wrong side of the fabric opposite of what I'm used to from other pattern companies. Usually a dark color is used for right side and white is used for the wrong side. But apparently this Canadian pattern company wants to be different. Fortunately no harm was done and it only cost me time with the seam ripper. As a result I didn't get as far along on this shirt as I'd hoped. I was sorta, kinda hoping to have it done to wear on Sunday to my BABES get together but with my super slow sewing ('cause I take time out to read those instructions!), I don't think that's going to happen. And I'm not going to push it. Although it's nice to wear something I made to a sewing-group meeting, it's not a requirement.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:41 PM

    I LOVE that pattern! Actually, I think we have the same taste in clothes because I can't recall a single thing you have made that I didn't want to buy.

    I hope you are well.

    Thinking of you,

    ReplyDelete