Wednesday, November 16, 2005

To knit or not to knit

When the Vogue Knitting Fall 2005 issue came out this coat caught my eye:



I think it caught my eye because it's white and reminds me a bit of this jacket that I sewed because they both have the same "nubbiness":



I didn't seriously think about making the coat for a number of reasons:
  • I have lots of yarn projects already
  • I don't want my yarn stash to approach my ridiculously huge fabric stash
  • I have lots of wool fabric from the above mentioned fabric stash suitable for any number of coats, why should I knit one?
  • I have a long gray sweater "coat" I bought and don't wear all that often
  • It will take a long time to knit
  • A size large takes 15 100 gram balls of Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick & Quick, so $6 x 15 = 90 - I could make a nice sweater out of better yarn for that money
  • I'm not sure I need another coat

And then Joanns had to go and put the yarn on sale, with free shipping. $3.60 a ball is much more enticing. I was thinking about making it in this reddish brown color that has bits of other colors in it:

What to do. What to do...


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:22 PM

    You must buy the yarn........you must buy the yarn.........you must buy the yarn

    That will be GORGEOUS!

    I love the jacket you made.

    ReplyDelete