Monday, April 04, 2011

Berg Fashion Library

This morning I heard a piece on NPR about the New York Public Library opening up access to a digital library of fashion images for its library card holders. The collection is called the "Berg Fashion Library" and it's available by subscription ($295)...or if you're lucky enough to have access to a library or institution that has a subscription.

It looks to me like I'm out of luck obtaining a New York Public Library card because according to their website,  "an applicant must show proof that he/she lives, works, attends school, or pays property taxes in New York State." Out of state or international visitors can obtain a temporary card, but it's only good on-site.

There are universities that have purchased subscriptions, so lucky for you if you have access via that route. My university days are over so I don't have that option. It looks like a really neat database - there is a trial 30-day free look, but I think I'll stick with free options to view fashion photos for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment