Friday, April 14, 2017

A summer scarf

I was inspired by the pattern of a sweater I saw in a knitting magazine, so I adapted the stitch pattern to make this scarf:



I'll share my pattern but I warn you that this is the first pattern I've written down, and I did it from memory. There may be errors! Also, note that I’m a lefty knitter so if you knit right handed, the stitch will come out a little different. You can use a k3tog to see if that is to your liking (that’s what was used for the sweater pattern I lifted the stitch pattern from). I tried both and the result is similar, but I found s1 k2tog psso easier and faster to do in my style of continental knitting than k3tog.


Scarf measures 8 inches x 44 inches
Yarn: Louisa Harding Jesse, 100% cotton, 2 skeins = 177.4 meters (194.0 yards), 100 grams
Color: 113 (coral)
Needles: US 8 (5 mm)

Cast on 31 st. I used a picot stitch cast on.

Row 1: s1, knit to end
Row 2: s1, purl to end

After the first two rows, start the stitch pattern rows.

Stitch pattern rows:
Row 1: s1, k4, *yo, s1 k2tog psso, yo, k3, repeat from * 4 more times, k2
Row 2: s1, purl to end
Row 3: s1, k1, *yo, s1 k2tog psso, yo, k3, repeat from * 3 more times, yo, s1 k2tog psso, yo, k2
Row 4: s1, purl to end
Repeat rows 1-4

Cast off with a picot stitch cast off

No comments:

Post a Comment